From July 21 to 23, 2023, the baroque city of Rastatt will once again celebrate its International City Festival. Visitors can look forward to three days of a full program. Throughout the city center, there will be live music, dance and sports performances, a variety of activities and plenty of culinary delights. One of the highlights: On Saturday evening, a colorful light and laser show with matching music will set the façade of the Residence Palace in scene.
Where and when will be celebrated?
The celebration will take place in the entire city center of Rastatt - on the market square, the Paradeplatz, the Faneser Platz, in the upper Kaiserstraße and the Schlossstraße. Three stages are set up: on the market square, the parade square and at the city church. Some music groups are mobile on the road.
Market Square, Parade Square, Fanes Square, Upper Kaiser Street, Castle Street
On Friday, July 21, at 5 p.m., the festivities begin. Mayor Hans Jürgen Pütsch will officially open the festival with the tapping of the barrel at 6 pm. The big music laser show starts on Saturday, July 22, at around 10:45 pm.
Friday, July 21, from 5 p.m. to midnight
Saturday, July 22, from 11 a.m. to midnight
Sunday, July 23, from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m
Where can I get the program?
Where can I get something to eat?
Is there also a children's program?
For children and families, there are activities to participate in at all the squares. Ludwig, the city mouse, will be there with readings and a city story. A historical children's carousel, the play mobile, a bouncy castle, children's tattoos, games and hands-on activities "For a world worth living in" or activities in the "Die Brücke e.V." culture tent offer lots of fun for the whole family.
What is on offer on Friday?
After the tapping of the barrel, the music program begins on the stages and between the stands. With "Caramuru", the "Moonlights", the "Symbadische Senfoniker" or the "Midweekband". The flag-wavers Rastatt will also stage an impressive parade with about 60 flag-wavers of the group "La Pandolfaccia" from Rastatt's Italian twin town Fano.
What not to miss on Saturday?
The Historical Society invites to scenic readings, the ADFC to a bicycle coding action. The Rastatt Gymnastics Club, the Jiu-Jitsu Martial Arts Club Rastatt and the dance school "Dance Passion" show sporting perfection. There will be rousing musical performances by various ensembles of the music school, the jazz formation "Konstantin Kölmel Experience", "The Finest", "2cool", the party band "Baileys" and the "Combo Latino". The highlight of the festival Saturday is then at 10:45 p.m. the music laser show in the courtyard of honor.
What can visitors look forward to on Sunday?
There will be performances by the Ottersdorf and Plittersdorf music associations, numerous sports and dance performances, the "Living Music Box" in an old Trabi, the Niederbühl Singers' Association, the "Kleines Land" children's theater group, the "Groove Incorporation" and the "Palatin Jazz Orchestra". The musical final chord will be set by the Winterdorf music society on the marketplace stage from 6 p.m. onwards.
What else is going on?
What are the road closures, stop restrictions and bus detours?
- Schiffstraße from the junction with Lyzeumstraße: Friday, July 21, from 2 p.m., and Saturday, July 22, and Sunday, July 23, from 10 a.m. until midnight each day;
- Schlossstraße from the junction with Herrenstraße: Thursday, July 20, from 2 p.m., Friday, July 21, Saturday, July 22, and Sunday, July 23, from 10 a.m. until midnight each day;
- Kaiserstraße at the beginning of Paradeplatz, driving direction Historisches Rathaus: Friday, July 21, from 4 p.m., Saturday, July 22, and Sunday, July 23, from 11 a.m., each until midnight; detour via Engelstraße;
- Herrenstraße between Rappenstraße and Lyzeumstraße (due to the laser show in the castle courtyard): for a short time from Saturday, July 22, 10 p.m. until approximately 11:30 p.m.
Note: The passage Herrenstraße, Lyzeumstraße, lower Kaiserstraße is possible during the city festival, except on Saturday evening between 10 pm and 11:30 pm during the laser show.
Halt restrictions from 2 p.m. Thursday, July 20, through midnight Sunday, July 23:
- Schlossstraße between Herrenstraße and Schiffstraße,
- Schiffstraße between Rathausstraße and Faneser Platz,
- Lyceumstrasse between Schiffstrasse and Kaiserstrasse along New Britain Park,
- Kaiserstrasse from the junction with Lyzeumstrasse to the Fruchthalle on the New Britain Park side,
- Schlosserstraße between Schlossstraße and Museumstraße,
- Herrenstrasse between the City Museum and Rossi House.
More stop bans
- Parking on the parade ground from Wednesday, July 19, 2 p.m., until Sunday, July 23, midnight,
- Kaiserstrasse from Georgenapotheke to Lyzeumstrasse from 12 p.m. Friday, July 21, to midnight Sunday, July 23.
Additional stops and closures in the upper Kaiser Street parking lot:
At the city festival, a play area for children will be set up in the parking lot on obere Kaiserstraße directly behind the city church. In addition, refrigerated trucks will be set up there. Starting Thursday, July 20, at 2 p.m., there will be a no-stopping zone for the installation of the refrigerated trucks. For the children's events, there will be a no-stopping zone in a section of the parking lot from 11 a.m. Saturday, July 22, until midnight Sunday, July 23. The parking lot bypass will be closed at that time, and an alternate route to enter and exit the parking lot will be posted.
Bus detours from Thursday, July 20, to Sunday, July 23
Line 231 will be diverted from the stop "Am Hasenwäldchen" via An der Ludwigfeste and Kapellenstraße to the stop "Bernhardusbrunnen". This means that the stops "Rheintorstraße" and "Fruchthalle" will be cancelled on this line. Instead, the stop "SchlossGalerie", which is located on the route, will be served.
Bus lines 235, 236 and 239 will be diverted from the "Fruchthalle" stop via Engelstraße, Werderstraße and Murgstraße. The bus stop Marktplatz will be moved to Dreherstraße.
Line 235 serves the stop "Kapellenstraße" instead of the stop "Bernhardusbrunnen". Lines 236 and 239 continue to serve the "Bernhardusbrunnen" stop.