Niederbühl and Förch have been districts of the large district town of Rastatt since the municipal reform in 1972. Niederbühl is located south of Rastatt's city center and was first mentioned in a document in 1057. Many clubs and institutions offer the approximately 3,000 inhabitants leisure activities and ample opportunity to cultivate the community. The small district of Förch also belongs to Niederbühl. In the immediate vicinity is Favorite Castle, known beyond the region, in the midst of a magnificent park. Förch was already incorporated around 1700.
The head of Niederbühl is Klaus Föry. He has been in charge of the district since October 19, 2009.